Capella House will admit pupils where the school is named by a local authority on their Education, Health and Care Plan.
The majority of places at Capella House will be commissioned by Achieving for Children (AfC) who act for the Local Authorities of the London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames and the Royal Borough of Kingston. Any places which remain unfilled by February 15th in the academic year preceding a September start date will then be available to any other Local Authority.
These arrangements are set out in a Memorandum of Understanding between the Auriga Academy Trust and AfC. This is reviewed annually and has clear routes for any escalation and resolution of disputes.
Prior to naming the school, the LA must consult with the school in line with their statutory obligations. The school will consider all documents submitted by the LA, including the Education, Health and Care Plan (with appendices) and the most recent annual review report which must include a Speech and Language Therapist’s report (from within the previous 12 month period). In addition, the following documentation will be considered where available:
- Other school reports, including assessments of attainment and any standardised test results
- The most recent Educational Psychologist’s report
- The most recent Occupational Therapist’s report
- The most recent reports from other medical professionals
- Therapy and Education reports completed by independent professionals
If you feel that your child may be appropriate for Capella House please complete this form.